GATE 2015 circular has been issued online already by the organizing institute, IIT Kanpur. With the internet pervading the Indian society rapidly, it is no surprise that the whole process has been made completely online now.
GATE is an all India based examination held for engineering undergraduates for pursuing M. Tech and/or PhD from the world renowned IITs and other elite technological institutions like the NITs, State Government Colleges, etc. It is also a gateway to many public sector units like ONGC, NTPC, Power Grid Corp who accept the GATE scores for selecting the deserving candidates.
Name of the Examination
Name of the Organizing Institution
Opening date for submitting online application: September 1, 2014
Closing date for submitting online application: October 1, 2014
Availability of soft copies of admit cards: December 17, 2014
Online Examination: January 31, 2015 and February 1, 7, 8 and 14, 2015
Declaration of results: March 12, 2015
GATE 2015 Pattern
GATE 2015 will be a 3 hour computer based test (CBT). It will have a total of 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The Engineering Mathematics section will have 15% weightage, the General Aptitude section will have 15% weightage and the rest of the paper will be dedicated to the branch subjects as mentioned in the gate syllabus carrying the rest 70% weightage. The whole paper will have two types of questions- Multiple choice questions (MCQs) of 1 and 2 marks, and Numerical answer questions of 1 and 2 marks. For 1 mark MCQs, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for 2 marks MCQs, 2/3rd mark will be deducted for an incorrect choice. However, there is no negative marking for Numerical Based Questions.
How to Apply
For applying to GATE 2015, please follow the mentioned steps:
- Go to the official portal of GATE 2015 and apply directly on GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- If you are a new user, create a GOAPS account.
- On successful registration, GOAPS will send u an SMS bearing your enrollment ID and the password you created during registration.
- After logging in to your GOAPS account using the ID and password, fill up the particulars on the online form properly after reading the instructions carefully.
- After filling up the form, you will be directed to the online payment section where you can choose from a variety of online transaction methods.
- After completing the above steps, hit the submit button.
The application fees is Rs 1500 for general and OBC male candidates while it is RS 750 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. Female candidates belonging to any category will have to pay 750 INR only.
Please go to http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015/ for further details.