Landing a coveted job in Capgemini is the ultimate dream of many freshers who aspire to join the IT sector and witness a rising career graph. The strong workplace ethics and cross cultural environment combined with an intensive training on the latest IT technologies is what makes it one of the best companies to work for.
Capgemini is a multinational business and technology consulting and outsourcing company headquartered in Paris, France. This billion dollar enterprise has operations spanning over 40 countries including North and South America, Asia Pacific, Central and Southern Europe and has more than 130,000 employees. It was founded as Sogeti, an enterprise management and data processing company, in 1967 by Serge Kampf.
Let’s have a free inside look at company reviews posted anonymously by employees on various rating sites-
- Great Working Culture.
- Strong Learning environment.
- High job security.
- Good work life balance.
- Poor Management
- No appraisals or opinion of CEO.
- Salary is not at par with industry standards.
Interview Preparation Tips and Strategy
Capgemini has one of the toughest interview processes among the IT companies and cracking it is no mean task. However, with the right attitude and preparation, even a mediocre candidate can easily get into Capgemini with an attractive salary package. There are two interview rounds- one a technical and the other an HR. Before we proceed with the type of interview questions that are usually asked in each of these rounds, one should bear in mind the following general norms for appearing in an interview-
- Appear for the interview dressed in well cleaned and ironed formals. Also go there clean shaved and after taking a bath so that you appear fresh and suave and this reflects in your personality as well.
- Reach the venue for the interview at least 15- 20 minutes before the interview gets started. This leaves you with plenty of time to complete all the formalities related to the interview and go through your preparation once more and make any important changes if possible.
- Make sure that you have prepared adequately for the interview and feel confident about passing it with flying colours.
- Knock before entering the interview room and after entering, make sure that you shake hands with the panelists and greet them properly.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewers as this will show you in good light to them.
- Dont ever use informal or casual language during the whole interview. Speak articulately and in a grammatically correct sense. Avoid fidgeting as much as possible even if this is your first ever interview.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of your graduation subjects.
- Be ready to prove your worth vis- a- vis every skill and aspect mentioned in your CV.
- Don’t abstain from cracking jokes as this will diffuse the tension in the ambience and break the ice between you and the panelists.
- Last but not the least, do a good research about the company background and the profile of the job you are applying for.
Capgemini Technical Interview Questions
- Difference between C and C++.
- Briefly explain the various concepts of Object Oriented Programming.
- What is Recursion?
- What is Bubble Sort, Insertion Sort and Selection Sort?
- What is Fibonacci Series and write a program to display the same.
- Display this XYZ pattern.
- Identify the programming error/s.
- Produce this output corresponding to these specific input conditions or data.
- What is class and object?
- Types of operators, data types.
- What are the different programming paradigms.
Capgemini HR Interview Questions
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why do you want to join the IT sector?
- What are your achievements?
- Why Capgemini?
- How do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Tell us about your long and short term goals.
- Why should we hire you?
- Enlighten us on this XYZ event (preferably any current affair, may be general or related to your hobby or field of interest).
- Have you appeared for the interview of any other company before?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you have a gap in your academic career?
- Why have you performed poorly in academics?
Don’t forget. It’s you who wants the job and your preparedness should be commensurate with your eagerness. Good Luck!