Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) is one of the most sought after IT companies to work for in India, according to premier rating and networking website, LinkedIn. It has experienced the fastest growth in the millenium catapulting it to the league of core companies like IBM, Siemens, HP, etc. The recruitment process of CTS has two rounds- a written test and an interview (Technical + HR). After one clears the written test, he/she has to face a technical interview which is a deciding factor for final selection. Only a handful of successful candidates are shortlisted for the HR round, which is the ultimate and minor hurdle to getting placed in your dream company.
About Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS)
Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) is a global business conglomerate with interests in various industry verticals such as information technology consulting and business process outsourcing. It was initially founded as an in- house technology offshoot of Dun & Bradstreet on 26th January, 1994 with head office at Chennai. It later diversified its business and shifted from Chennai, India to New Jersey, USA. It is a Global Fortune 500 company and regularly serves many high profile clients, many of which are Fortune 500 organizations. It has a collaborative workforce of around 187, 000 globally.
An insight on CTS
Here’s a list of reviews about CTS as provided by employees, past and present, on different networking and feedback websites-
- Pleasant work culture.
- Good work life balance.
- Onsite chances bright.
- Great exposure to new technology.
- Colleagues are helpful.
- Bad management.
- Delayed promotion.
- Salary not industrially benchmarked.
While appearing for an interview of CTS, one must keep in mind some noteworthy points which are given below-
- Dress appropriately for the occasion. Your personal grooming and cleanliness should be first rate.
- Prepare a list of probable interview questions and practice them, if possible with a friend.
- Watch your body language. It tells a lot about you.
- Maintain decorum and give the interviewers your undivided attention.
- Ask for a clarification if you don’t understand a question.
- Maintain a strong and clear voice and be friendly with everybody you meet all the way to the interview.
- Follow up with a ‘Thank You’ note.
- Don’t treat the interview casually as a lack of preparation will lead to a lack of confidence.
- Don’t appear desperate for the job.
- Never be late for the interview.
- Don’t lie about your achievements or strengths to the panelists. Remember they are some experienced and knowledgeable persons.
- Don’t appear arrogant or overconfident. Never ever brag about yourself.
Cognizant Technical Interview Questions
- What is recursion?
- Write a programming on factorial using recursion.
- What is an Armstrong Number and write a program on it.
- What is function overloading?
- What is a friend function?
- State Kirchhoff’s Laws.
- Explain Thevenin’s Theorem.
- On a master-slave flip-flop, when is the master enabled?
- What are the architectural differences between 8085 and 8086 microprocessors?
- What is meant by armature reaction?
Cognizant HR Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to join the IT sector?
- Why do you want to join CTS and not any other company?
- What is your opinion on this matter? (Possibly pertaining to general awareness or an analytical problem)
- Why XYZ engineering? (XYZ refers to your major in college)
- Have you won any award related to your hobbies or interests?
- Justify the break in your academic career.
- Have you been in a situation where you got to display any of the skills that you have mentioned in your resume?
- Will you be happy to move to another city?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Well, we hope this sums up what you exactly need to do if you are aspiring to join Cognizant but is clueless about the interview. Cheers and all the best!