SBI PO 2017 is a prestigious recruitment examination for selecting eligible candidates as State Bank Probationary Officers through a scrutinized procedure. Preparing for SBI PO 2017 requires a lot of hardwork and dedication. In order to engage in a proper preparation for selection via this recruitment, the through knowledge of the SBI PO examination pattern is required. Also, the important SBI guide books for practice must be known to aspiring candidates. The details will be discussed further.
Preliminary Examination Test Pattern
The first round for SBI PO 2017 examination is a preliminary test that will be conducted via online mode. All candidates selected in this round will qualify to appear for the main examination. The testing pattern for the preliminary examination is as follows:
- The total number of objective type questions will be 100 and each question will carry “1” mark.
- The 100 objective type questions are divided as follows: 35 questions (35 marks total) for Quantitative Aptitude, 35 questions (35 marks total) for Logical Reasoning Ability and 30 questions ( 30 marks total) for the English Language.
- A total of 60 minutes is allotted for the preliminary examination.
- There is no negative marking in this round.
Main Examination Test Pattern
All the selected candidates from the preliminary round will be appearing in the main examination for SBI PO 2017 recruitment. The testing pattern for the main examination is as follows:
- The first part of the Main Examination is the objective test. This part is distributed in the following manner: Reasoning Aptitude and Computer Application (45 questions- 60 marks), Data Interpretation and Analysis (35 questions- 60 marks), General Aptitude In Banking, Economy and Other Sectors (40 questions- 40 marks), English Language (35 questions- 40 marks). This objective test will be allotted 3 hours.
- The second part of the Main Examination is the descriptive test. This part will consist of English Essay and Letter Writing Aptitude. The entire descriptive part carries 25 marks as per the new pattern. 30 minutes time will be given for this part.
- In the objective part of the Main Examination, negative marking is applicable. For each wrong answer, 1/4th of the marks allocated to the question will be deducted.
Group Discussion Exercises and Interview
The candidates who will successfully clear the preliminary and the main examination rounds will receive a call letter for Group Discussion exercises a Final Interview. The Group Exercise consists of 20 marks and Interview will be given a weight of 30 marks. Based on the overall performance, the selection will be made.
SBI PO 2017 Recruitment: Preparation Tactics
The preparation tactic should involve a step by step procedure. Thus the following tips must be followed:
- For Quantitative Aptitude focus on chapters like- Time and Work, Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interests, Logarithms, Mensuration.
- For Reasoning/ Logical Aptitude focus on chapters like- Incomplete number series, blood relations, sitting arrangement, data sufficiency, data interpretation, directions, puzzles.
- For English Language focus on- Statement and Conclusion, paragraph analysis, synonyms, antonyms and the basics of English grammar.
- For the Main Examination go through all the important current affairs topics along with the economic news. Also, practice essay and letter writing in order to perfect your format and writing speed.
SBI PO 2017 Recruitment: Recommended Books
The recommended books for SBI PO preparation are as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude By R.S. Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic: Arihant Publications.
- Verbal and Logical Reasoning Aptitude By R.S. Agarwal
- High School English Grammar and Comprehension by Wren & Martin
All The Best!!