Tata Consultancy Services commonly known as TCS is an Indian Multinational Information Technology ( IT ) service hiring hundreds of candidates each year from different colleges in IT, business consulting and outsourcing services. Crackjobinterview will give you an insight about the TCS interviews, frequently asked questions in the job interview. The interview usually takes for 45 minutes to an hour and a panel of interviewers come for the job interview. One interviewer may focus on your communication skills, self-management skills and background by asking behavioural questions while others will focus on your technical capabilities.
TCS Technical Interview Questions :
The technical round of TCS interview tests your knowledge in the practical field. The questions that can be asked in this round is :
1. What was your project in the final year ?
2. Describe your project you had in your final year.
3. What are Java beans ?
4. What are the additional features in JDK 1.5.1 compared to JDK 1.4.1 ?
5. What do you mean by servlet ?
6. Describe portability ?
7. What is redundancy ?
8. What are kernels ?
9. What are the advantages of normalisation ?
10. What are the differences between an array and a vector ?
TCS HR interview Questions :
Some of the frequently asked questions in the HR round of TCS job interview are given below :
Tell us something about yourself.
Why do you think you are a suitable candidate for this position in TCS?
What qualities would you look for in a candidate if you were hiring for this position?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Are you Okay with working over weekends?
What do you know about TCS and its business? Can you name some competitors? / Who founded TCS? / Who is the CEO of TCS?
Can you work under pressure and deadlines if TCS demands so?
What specific course will I be working on?
What is my job requirements and expectations from the company?
TCS interview questions for Freshers :
For CS / IT students :
The panel will expect sound knowledge from the CS/IT branch as they are especially trained for the software jobs.
1.What is a view ? What is the difference between a view and a table ?
2. Explain about endpoint URL’s and endpoint alias.
3. Describe the three levels of data abstraction ?
4. What are the integrity rules ?
5. Which one of the sorting methods is the quickest to use ?
6. What is a spanning tree ?
7. How is data searched in a linked list ?
8. Which data structure is used to perform recursion ?
9. What is precision ?
10. Why is a multi dimensional array used ?
For core branch students :
Core branch students are expected to have software knowledge along with the knowledge of their chosen subject. Thus some software related and some technical questions regarding their branch are asked in this round.
1. What is the difference between JFET and MOSFET ?
2. What is the working principle of a LED TV ?
3. What is LCS ?
4. What is the difference between LCD, Plasma and LED ?
5. Explain the working of keypad in a mobile unit.
6. What is mobile communication ?
7. What is MATLAB ?
8. What is LCS ?
9. How does ‘*’ and ‘#’ work in a mobile and what is its utility ?
10. What is Thevenin’s theorem ?
Dos and Don’ts in a TCS job interview :
Arrive early on the day of the interview, say, 10 minutes prior to the given time as arriving late may leave a very bad impression on the interviewers.
Offer a firm handshake to the interviewers, make direct eye contact and have a friendly expression on your face when the interviewer greets you.
Be honest and be yourself.
Do not act as if you are desperate for the job.
Do not give the impression that you are only interested in the salary.
Do not allow your cell phone to sound while the interview is going on.
Frequently Asked Questions in a TCS job interview :
The FAQ’s in a TCS interview are personality based as well as knowledge based. The questions that are asked are:
1.Tell us something about yourself.
Ans. Myself, Diksha . I have over four years of experience in the field of Public and Corporate Relations as I have been a part of my University E-Cell and WOW team who had worked in a collaboration with Google Business Group of Bhubaneshwar. I am also a regular article writer for crack job interview. My efficiency when it comes to my job is my accuracy and my ability to deal with deadlines and submit my work before that. So, I will be of perfect disposal to your company and will be honest in my work and straightforward in my approach.
2. Why do you think you are a suitable candidate for this position in TCS?
Ans. You need to answer this question very wisely where you need to convince the interviewing panel why you think you are suitable for the position. Answer in a smart and down to earth manner.
3. What qualities would you look for in a candidate if you were hiring for this position?
Ans. First of all mention the job description and requirements and accordingly mention all the qualities required by a candidate.
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Ans. If questioned about your strengths, you should not answer it in a very over confident manner, rather you should answer it very smartly carefully stating all your strengths and when asked about your weaknesses tell them about all your weaknesses and to add a positive note to your answer, tell them that you will try your best to overcome your weaknesses if the job demands.
5. Are you Okay with working over weekends?
Ans. If you are asked such a type of question, you must give a very smart and wise answer since even the employers know that no one would like to work on weekends.
6. What do you know about TCS and its business? Can you name some competitors? / Who founded TCS? / Who is the CEO of TCS?
Ans. Such type of questions is very much expected from the interviewers. So to answer these questions, you should have a basic knowledge about TCS, its history, its founder and the current reputation of TCS in market.
7. Can you work under pressure and deadlines if TCS demands so?
Ans. This is a question which is asked in most of the interviews to judge your management capabilities. The answer to such a question can be given in a very clever and positive way by saying that under stress and pressure, the probability of success increases and for success I can work under pressure and deadlines.
8. Why should this company hire you?
First refer to the job description and requirements that was decided by the company and say that you will be able to fulfil the criterion as you are having the required degree of qualification, diligence, flexibility and tenacity.
9. How much salary do you expect?
The answer to this question should not be given in a straight forward manner by simply saying the salary you are expecting, rather you must give your answer in a twisted way by telling them that for now what matters is how the company can help me to promote my career not the salary.
10. Would you like to ask us something ?
Of course without working in a company, u will not have a thorough knowledge about it, so you may begin with the question “How soon will I be starting up, if I am offered the official status I aspire for?” Some other questions are: